Free Blog Hosting or Paid Hosting – Which One is Better for New Bloggers?
If you are an aspirant blogger, then one of the most important decisions that you’ll have to take early on is what hosting you wants to go ahead with. Now this can be a more than a little tricky decision to make. With numerous hosting companies available today, a new blogger is often flooded with choices on which host to go ahead with. Now the question that put most new bloggers in a dilemma is whether to go for a paid hosting service or a free one.
Free Web Hosting:
Now, who does not like freebies? A site that let you host your blog for free seems like a perfect solution to the problem:
- You don’t have to pay a penny to create your blog.
- If you are a complete novice to blogging, then you can take your time and learn the tricks of the trade while hosting your blog with a free host.
While you go gaga over all things free, think again, a free blog host comes with its own limitations.
- Most of the free blog hosting 2017 services comes with limited storage space. So, if you are thinking about a versatile blog with a number of pages, pictures and videos; bad news for you. Your free blog hosting service will not provide you with enough storage space and bandwidth to do that.
- If you are new to the blogging arena and wondering how the hosting company can provide you with a free hosting service, then the answer is by putting advertisement on your page. Thus if you are planning to go ahead with a free blog hosting 2017 service, then be prepared to log into your site and find advertisement (mostly annoying) that you have not put there.
- Who does not like a blog with an elegant theme and useful plug-ins? While the paid hosting services provide you the option to incorporate any theme options and some essential plug-ins, the free counterpart limits you here.
Thus if you are intending to make money out of your blog, it can be quite a difficult task with a free host.
Paid Web Hosting:
On the other hand, you can go for a paid hosting service.
Well, of course you’ll have to pay for the hosting service, but the charges are not outrageous at all. There are many good hosting providers such as BlueHost, InMotion Hosting, A2Hosting, WebHostingHub etc. These top hosting providers offers great hosting services at an amazingly affordable price.
So here are the advantages that you can buy with a paid hosting service:
- A blog with a great theme that goes well with your niche; doesn’t it sounds great? Well this exactly what you get by paying for the hosting service. You get thousands of options for great themes. You can download and install a theme from Google, you can get a theme from WordPress’ theme repository or you can engage a web designer to design a unique theme for your blog. A paid hosting give the ultimate freedom here.
- Now plug-ins are something you’ll require earnestly if you want to blog regularly and efficiently. Now with a self hosted blog you are free to install and use any plug-in that you feel necessary for your blog.
- By paying for the hosting services you can have a preferred domain name for your blog. For example if you are hosting your free blog with WordPress, you domain name will look like mygreatblog.wordpress.com. It seriously lacks uniqueness. Now, with a paid hosting service you can register a domain name that’s preferred by you.
- Now when it comes to money making through blogging, putting advertisement in your blog goes a long way. While you cannot put advertisement in a free hosted blog, with a paid blogging service, you can put advertisement in your blog and make money out of it.
- To add to all the above a paid hosting service offers you better security and up time.
In short, though you’ll have to pay a reasonable amount of money to buy the hosting service, you’ll have total control over your blog here. Also most of the leading paid hosting services offers you great server resource and better technical support.
Thus if you are looking at taking up blogging as a serious occupation that generates income, and not just a time pass; then a paid hosting service is your best bet.
While there are a number of companies that offer paid hosting services, if it essential that you get a proper idea about the features are on offer, uptime and other details. Checking out the reviews about various web hosting services can update you on this.
Over to you:
So, what do you think about it? Would you go ahead with a paid web hosting or a free hosting is enough for you? Let us know your take on this.