Today we are sharing the best methods to disable fast user switching in windows 10, 8 & 7. It is the feature rather loosely specified functionality of a multi-user operating system. It enables the user to switch between the user accounts on a single computer without actually closing any application or need for the logging out. The base of the fast user switching in the windows is on the remote desktop services technology.
This feature in the windows 10 is quite handy and very quick to use. Without actually logging out the active user account, you can switch it to another account very swiftly. But with the great features, the fast user switching also comes with the drawbacks. Because of the many programs running on the windows simultaneously, the chances are that the device can slow down. Thus the performance degrades.
Disable Fast User Switching On Windows 10, 8 & 7
In this article, we will show you the hack of how you can disable the fast user switching in Windows 10. Though one thing needs to keep in mind, that this hack will just hide the switch user interface that comes with the start menu toolbar, sign on screen or task manager. Technically, the hack will not disable the fast user switching, but the users will get the sign out of their accounts and will not be able to switch to other users with the help of Windows interface. So now this is equivalent to disable the fast user switching in the windows.
In this post, we will show you that how you can disable the fast user switching on Windows 10 with two methods:
Method 1: Group Policy Editor Method
- CLICK WIN + R to launch RUN tab
- TYPE gpedit.msc in the command >> ENTER
- Group Policy Editor >> Expand Local Computer Policy >> Computer Configuration
- Select Administrative Templates
- Select System
- Select Logon
- Click On “Hide Entry Points For The Fast User Switching“.
- To disable the fast user switching, click on DISABLED
It is very easy method to disable the fast user switching windows 10 in 2017. We have also shared the other method below which can also helps you to disable fast user switching in windows operating system.
Method 2: (Registry)
- Click Win + R To Launch Run Tab
- Type regedit In The Command >> Enter
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Select Software
- Choose Microsoft
- Select Windows
- Click On “CurrentVersion“
- Select Policies Followed By System
- Search For The Field HideFastUserSwitching
- If It Does Not, Then Right Click On The System>> New>> Select “new Dword 32-bit Value“.
- Name It As “HideFastUserSwitching” >> Enter
- Double Click On “HideFastUserSwitching“>> Set Value Data As 1 To Disable Fast User Switching
The above methods to disable fast user switching can be used for the Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10. Thus, follow the methods as per your device, and make sure that you work on every step that is mention in the particular method. With this, you can have few people working on the same device. The feature to disable the fast user switching in Windows 10, 8 and 7 can help you to work on some important projects while letting the other user watch movie simultaneously. We hope that this article will lend you the helping hand, and if it has, you can share the article via Google, Facebook or Twitter.